The beauty of your Peloponnesian villa can only be matched by the beauty of Peloponnese itself! The tree leaf shaped peninsula, with its short distance to Athens, beautiful resorts and second to none sightseeing attracts many visitors all year round. Archaeological sites, gorgeous beaches, castles, wineries and more, are all there for you to admire.
Peloponnese hosts the most important archaeological sites of Greece, including Olympia, Mycenae and Epidaurus. Surrounded by sea from all sides, Peloponnese has an abundance of amazing beaches with crystal clear waters. Some of the most beautiful cities of the region include Nafplion, Gythio, Monemvasia and Pylos.
PELOPONESSE MUST SEES:
- Stop and take pictures at the Corinth Canal, the entering landmark of Peloponnese.
- Visit Ancient Corinth where Apostle Paul taught.
- Explore the Medieval Castle of Acrocorinth, 575 meters above the ancient city.
- Admire the Theater of Epidaurus, famous for its perfect acoustics, where performances are regularly given today. The museum is situated in the same location.
- Visit Nafplio, the first capital of Greece, in the Argolis prefecture.
- Stop at Mycenae, the Kingdom of the legendary King Agamemnon with its famous Cyclopean Walls and Lion Gate.
- Visit Patra, the largest town in northern Peloponnese and third largest town of Greece.
- See the famous cable bridge of Rio – Antirrio which connects Peloponnese to the rest of Greece.
- Discover the excellent beaches of Northern Peloponnese in Diakofto, Kiato, Xylokastro and Aigio.
- Visit Kalavryta, a mountainous town with historical importance.
- Visit the most popular beach destinations in western Peloponnese in Killini and Katakolon.
- Take a pilgrimage in Ancient Olympia, which gave birth to the Olympic Games in 776 BC. At the archaeological site, you will admire the Palaestra, the Gymnasium, the Ancient Stadium, the circular Philippeion and many more.
- Visit Sparta, the city famous all over the world for the 300 Spartans of Leonidas!
- Discover the amazing fortified town of Mystras, founded in 1248.
- Discover the ancient city of Messene with its imposing city wall and walk through the Arcadian Gate.
- Visit Monemvasia, the fortified town located on a small island connected to the mainland by a 200 meter causeway.
- Take the ferry to Elafonissos Island with its almost Caribbean beaches.
- Travel to beautiful seaside towns like Pylos, Kalamata, Kyparissia, Kardamili, Methoni, and Koroni.