The beautiful villa you will be staying in, along with all Mykonos buildings are striking examples of unique Cycladic architecture set around a scenic fishing-village bay. Mykonos, seen from the air, features whitewashed cube-like buildings, built closely together and forming a maze of narrow alleys and streets.
Mykonos’ well-preserved windmills and its hundreds of small red-roofed churches add a flavor of culture and custom, enhanced even further by its many museums and the historical ancient site of Delos. The locals are always friendly and open people and you can count on them knowing what it means to have a good time. At Mykonos, you can, indeed, seize the day and the night!
MYKONOS’S MUST SEES:
- Have a cocktail at Little Venice, named after the buildings with the wooden window boxes and the balconies painted in greens and blues.
- Shoot pictures at the Panagia Paraportiani white church, built before the 17th
- Stroll through Matogianni Street with its many shops.
- Travel to the island of Delos, a part of the Unesco World Heritage.
- Visit the “magnificent seven”, the 7 white windmills which are a symbol of Mykonos.
- Enjoy water sports at the Kalo Livadi beach, with its golden sand and its shallow, clear waters.