Your beautiful villa in Chania is also your gateway to a time machine! In the area of Chania, you will admire the remnants of brilliant civilizations jostling for your attention. You will also explore majestic beaches, imposing mountains, lush valleys and steep gorges and discover Crete’s rich gastronomic culture.
Chania is situated on the western side of Crete and is dominated by the impressive White Mountains with their famous National Park, which occupy the largest part of the region. The city of Chania maintains, unchanged, all its characteristics, from the times of the Venetian and Ottoman rule up until today.
Walking around the Old Town’s alleys with their beautiful Venetian mansions and fountains will lead you to discover well-preserved historical monuments. Moreover, Chania is a paradise for wine and food aficionados. Taste the famous Cretan cuisine with a glass of excellent Cretan wine and don’t miss the opportunity to visit the local wineries.
CHANIA’S MUST SEES:
- Walk along the Venetian seawall, all the way to the iconic 19th-century lighthouse.
- Visit the Maritime Museum of Crete.
- Discover Balos, one of Crete’s most spectacular beaches.
- Plan a day trip to hike the Samaria Gorge.
- Discover the ancient Minoan civilization at the Minoan’s World 3D Museum.